14 Sep 2018
£50,000 per annum
Home Manager - Castleford - Mental Helath / Learning Disability Orientated Service - £50,000pa
About the role:
We are looking for a Manager that has a background specialising in services that cater for adults with learning disabilities and challenging complex needs., has a proven track record in achieving outcomes for service users and who can lead and develop our new service to be a beacon of excellence
We are looking for an inspirational leader who can develop an inspiring team in the delivery of high-quality care and service in this newly established unit. You should be able to balance being 'on the floor' with the staff and service users with your managerial role. The ideal candidate will have a kind, friendly and very approachable personality and most importantly have a passion for quality care. You will be responsible for promoting outstanding delivery across the home whilst maintaining and exceeding care.
The appointed manager will be expected to provide a needs-led service for adults with learning disabilities by adopting a person-centred approach that fosters self-awareness, personal growth and gives each person the strongest voice in relation to decision making and lifestyle choices. You will be expected to develop a positive working environment which nurtures and rewards good practice through a programme of training and development as well as maintaining high standards and ensure compliance with National Care Standards.
Working in partnership with the Operations team you will have responsibility for ensuring the recruitment and retention of staff with a positive value base and person-centred approach. You will also take responsibility for areas of development or leadership as directed by the Directors. You will support the growth of the business and lead your team to achieve maximum performance. You must also ensure the home meets all regulatory and statutory requirements including CQC, health and safety and EHO, in compliance with the appropriate legislation.
* Extensive leadership and management experience within Learning Disabilities or complex care services, either in the community or in-patient settings.
* A Nurse registered with the NMC and with vast experience in a Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, challenging behaviours setting.
* Previously registered with the CQC as a manager of a healthcare service, and knowledge of the guidelines by which such services would be measured.
* Track record of effective budget management for a given healthcare service.
* Experience recruiting, interviewing and hiring prospective employees in a healthcare setting.
* Demonstrable ability to lead and inspire in a clinical, and often challenging, environment
Our registered home managers lead by example providing great quality care to each individual service user. You will be a compassionate leader with a can do attitude, valuing the importance of always striving to provide our service users with individualistic and effective care. You will have a hands-on approach to leadership, supported by an experienced Operations and Quality team, enabling you to drive standards to support the future 'Outstanding' CQC rating that our service users deserve. You will also be financially minded being fully accountable for the homes P&L report, continuous reviewing cost saving whilst providing and ensuring excellent quality care to our service users.
* Ensure the home is a caring environment at all times
* Oversee teams to ensure individual needs of service users are met
* Promote dignity, independence and rights to privacy
* Recruit, Lead and develop staff
* Work towards legal and CQC requirements at all times and drive the home to "outstanding"
* Have full budget responsibility
* Engage with new customers and maintain positive relationships with existing referrers
* 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays.
* rewards - childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
* Employee assistance program - 24-hour helpline.
* Rewards- an online benefits scheme that offers market-leading offers and discounts with high street and online retailers
* Outstanding career progression.
* Comprehensive 7-day induction program.
* Excellent bonus scheme.
* Life assurance program.
* BUPA health care cover.
* Support from Operations and Quality team.