07 Nov 2018
£60,000 per annum
Peripatetic Registered Care Home Manager
Location : Nationwide
Approx. £60,000 per annum
You will be willing to travel to any of our homes and have the flexibility to stay over for 5 days at a time if needed.
You're the manager, so that means that you're responsible for making sure everything runs as it should. Making sure that the home is compliant and is meeting operational and financial targets is part of your remit, but most of all, it's about ensuring that the service users receive the highest possible care.
About the job
As a Peripatetic Home Manager, you are ultimately the business manager - so your remit will be to make the home a complete success. This means that you'll be responsible for:
* Identifying new business opportunities
* Managing budgets, ensuring that costs are controlled and that the home is profitable
* Ensuring compliance with regulations
* Working with regulatory bodies and local placing authorities
* Conducting pre-admission assessments and completing costings for prospective admissions
* Creating and developing strong relationships - internal and external
* Leading and motivating your team
* Dealing with recruitment, employee relations and other people related issues
* Facilitating and co-ordinating staff training and development, conducting appraisals and supervisions
* Rolling up your sleeves to deliver nursing care as necessary!
As you can see, this is an all-encompassing role which means that you'll need to have previous management experience, preferably in the private sector, working with younger adults. You must have a first level nursing qualification with a current PIN. We expect that you'll be up to date with current evidence based practice with a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations.
We'd also expect that you're:
* Self-motivated and results orientated
* A strong leader with great management abilities
* Approachable and supportive, with a flexible attitude
* A strong clinician
* Able to make a positive difference, with strong commercial acumen
What does the position offer?
Your first seven days will be spent in a classroom environment, where you'll complete a comprehensive induction and training programme, designed to give you all the information that you'll need before you start working in the home.
The organisation I am recruiting for offers a rewarding and stimulating working environment, where you will enjoy a varied role.
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* 27 days holiday + bank holidays
* Salary of approx.: £60,000pa
Apply now to avoid disappointment!