28 Sep 2018
£10.00 per hour
Medication Technician (senior care assistant)
Rates and hours (senior care assistant):
* £10 per hour
* Full time
* 48 hours per week
* Alternate weekends
* Days with occasional night shift
Job Specification (senior care assistant):
To work closely with the registered nursing staff and provide line management and leadership to a team of carers, to ensure that the care delivered meets the personal care needs of the residents in accordance with current evidence based professional practice in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. To assist in the general day to day activities of the home. The Medication Technician has a crucial role to play in helping to keep and raise the standards of care and quality of life of all residents within the home.
Essential qualities and qualifications (senior care assistant):
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* A good understanding of medication management processes
* Experience of managing and dispensing medication
* A good understanding of the NMC guidelines on medication management
* Evidence of appropriate medication management training
* Team Player
* NVQ Level 3 in Care or equivalent.
* Willingness to participate in vocational training programmes.
* Satisfactory police check and check against the ISA list (where applicable)
* Basic Understanding of Infection Control
* Must be medication trained
Duties (senior care assistant):
Take responsibility for ensuring that the nutritional needs of each resident is being maintained, and monitoring charts are reflective of nutritional requirements
Work with the Leisure and Lifestyle team to ensure the positive encouragement of social, recreational and therapeutic activities by the residents as appropriate to their care plan.
To contribute to the teaching of practical skills and carry out regular staff supervision sessions and record as required.
To coordinate and lead the team ensuring that optimum person centred care is delivered to service users at all times and that carers and senior carers work effectively within the parameters of their own job descriptions
To work as a mentor to carers, and act as their facilitator during their induction programme
To ensure all clinical issues and concerns requiring input from the nurse on duty, are escalated in a timely and co-ordinated manner
To keep all appropriate records relating to the care of the residents and ensure that they are updated and reviewed in accordance with company policy
Remedicare Staffing - 0118 309 4222