25 Sep 2018
£20,374 per annum
Senior Support Worker
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Support Worker to provide personalised care and support within a Learning Disability Residential service in the Brighton area.
You will work flexibly to ensure individual needs are met while maximising independence, choice, dignity, privacy and well-being. We are committed to providing personalised services to our customers.
Our ideal candidate will be genuinely passionate and enthusiastic about helping others. Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities or complex needs is desirable and experience of creating support plans and creating risk assessments would be beneficial although full training would be given.
The type of care a Senior Support Worker will provide will vary from person to person but will include the following:
* Personal Care (provide a shower, bath, changing pads etc.)
* Care duties which include providing personal care, assisting customers with daily living skills, engaging customers with meaningful activities, and liaising with a number of care professionals to facilitate a targeted care and support service.
* Practical Support such as laundry, cleaning, preparing and cooking meals
The company will be happy to develop people:
* Who have a passion about helping people maintain independence at home
* Who have a can do, positive attitude
* Who have the compassion, dedication and willingness to go the extra mile
* Who have excellent communications skills and possess the ability to build relationships with those we support and those around them
* Who enjoys a challenge and are flexible in their approach to work
* Who can display empathy, understanding, comfort and reassurance to all those we support.
The Requirements for the Senior Support Worker role:
* Previous Experience of working in a caring environment
* NVQ 3 in Health and Social care
* Hold a full UK Driving License & Access to own vehicle (desired)
* Passion for delivering high levels of care
* Good numeric and literacy skills
* A warm and friendly disposition
* Caring attitude
* Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
* A strong team worker
* Supportive and patient
* Reliable and punctual
* Willingness to develop new skills
If this is of interest to you, please send over an up to date CV by either pressing "apply" or sending me you're CV to the email below. Please make sure to quote the reference number. If you require any more information, please contact me as soon as possible on the number below as we only have limited vacancies!
0118 309 4222