03 Sep 2018
£16,500 per annum
Our client in the Abbots Langley area is a small residential home that is part of a small organisation run and promotes the highest standards of care. They have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join their passionate team of SW's and SHCA's.
We are looking for Support Workers who have a passion and desire to care for others and work alongside a team of Support Workers to promote dignity and independence for all residents within the nursing/residential home.
Training and support will be provided to care assistants from senior care assistants who have little or no previous experience within a care home.
Main duties for support workers are as follows:
* Providing personal care such as toileting, washing and dressing
* Keeping residents comfortable and assisting in manual handling
* Checking and reporting any change in residents conditions to a senior care assistant
* Practical Support - Making beds, preparing food & laundry
* Medical support - Taking temperatures, pulse etc
* Liaise with visiting family and friends
Support workers with previous experience within a care home and NVQ's within health and social care.
37 hours per week (alternate weekends)
Salary: £16,500 pa
0118 309 4222