07 Jan 2019
£9.00 per hour
Activities Coordinator needed close to Mitcham, London!
We are currently recruiting for one of our client's spectacular Nursing Homes based in Farnham, and require an Activities Coordinator for a permanent full time role.
We are looking for someone like you: Enthusiastic, Reliable and Honest to support people in a Care Home Setting.
As an Activities Co-ordinator your focus will be on making the home an interesting and stimulating place to live, and the residents' lives fulfilling. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining an inspiring programme of leisure pursuits and social events for both individuals and groups of residents. From organising social and recreational events, both in and outside of the home, to consulting with our residents to identify their social and recreational interests according to their likes, dislikes and abilities, this role is pivotal to the quality of lives of our residents.
Occasionally, you may be required to step in as a Healthcare Assistant.
* Friendly and supportive team
* Flexible working hours
* Offer on-going training and professional development
* Career development
* Good rates of pay
* Paid holiday
* Annual refresher training
* Employee recognition
* Opportunity to study for Health and Social Care
* To maintain a stimulating programme of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis.
* Produce and advertise within the Home, a weekly social events programme
* To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place within three weeks of the date of admission and reviewed regularly.
Required knowledge & experience:
* 2 years previous experience in a caring role or similar background - elderly care experience is a must!
* NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care is desired, but not essential
* Understanding of the types of activities older people enjoy.
* Knowledge of health & safety in the workplace.
* Managing a budget.
* Ability to motivate and engage people with good negotiation skills.
* Ability to plan a calendar of activities.
* Able to create an environment where customers feel able to participate and contribute ideas.
* Able to work as part of a team and individually.
* Sense of Fun, Flexibility and ideas for things to do daily.
If this is of interest to you, please send over an up to date CV by either pressing "apply" or sending me your CV to the email below. Please make sure to quote the reference number. If you require any more information, please contact me as soon as possible on the number below as we only have limited vacancies!
Remedicare Staffing- 0118 309 4222