31 Jul 2020
£9.00 - £9.50 per hour
Care Assistants Needed at exciting Residential Home near Cosham.
Our client, a fantastic Residentiaol Care Home in Portsmouth, is looking for passionate and knowledgable carers to join their amazing team of professionals.
The CQC "good" rated home can offer great opportunity for progression, an enjoyable working environment, and a competitive pay rate, with potential for pay reviews after passing probation.
The role of Care Assistants;
* Performing aspects of personal care; including washing, feeding, toileting etc.
* Manual Handling/Moving of the clients, following training and health and safety guidelines to ensure everything is done safely
* Liasing with family of the residents', as well as external care professionals such as doctors and district nurses
* Updating care plans and charts on the residents' condition, carefully monitoring health and staying vigilant for any changes to their health
* Communicate effectively with other care assistants, and seniors and management team to ensure smooth running of the home in its day to day capacity
What we look for in Care Assistants;
* Compassionate individuals with a background of caring for eldelry clients
* Experience with any of the following clientelle; Dementia, Elderly and Physical Disability, Mental Health
* Knowledge of health and safety guidelines relating to care, and diligence to use these at all timews to ensure a safe environment where the highest standards of care are maintained
Desirable in a Care Assistant;
* NVQ level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
* Medication Training
* Any additional training or certificates, i.e. Manual Handling, Understanding Dementia, Care Planning etc.