21 Apr 2021
£9.00 - £9.20 per hour
Assistant Cook - Caldicot, Monmouthshire
£9.20ph - 34.5 Hours Per Week - Days - Full Time
To assist and support the Head Cook in food preparation and provision of meals and refreshments as the Assistant Cook, at our client's home in Caldicot, Monmouthshire. But to have the experience and leadership qualities to stand in for the Head Cook, in running the kitchen and stepping up to cook.
You should be an excellent team player, with the ability to work on your own initiative and under pressure in a diverse and busy environment.
As the Assistant Cook, have a fantastic induction programme and excellent training opportunities, with a focus on supporting staff to build long-term careers with the company.
Key objectives for the Assistant Cook role:
* To provide general support to the Head Cook, as the Assistant Cook, in the preparation and provision of meals and refreshments
* Run kitchen and cook on Head Cook's days off (at least 15 hours of cooking per week)
* To help maintain the kitchen and food areas to a high standard of hygiene condition.
* Cook and prepare food to a high standard and following individual's nutritional requirements
General Requirements for the Kitchen Assistant role:
* Solo cooking experience for when Head Cook is off
* Assistance in the preparation of meals to multiple service users
* Have worked with older people including people from different cultures
* A general understanding of food safety and hygiene (HACCP knowledge is desirable).
My client is offering for the Kitchen Assistant role:
* An hourly rate between £9.20ph
* 34.5 hour per week contract
If you're interested in this role as a Assistant Cook, please don't hesitate to apply. However, if you would like to discuss your application or the role in more detail, please feel free to give me, George Lanksford, a call on 0118 309 4222 and use job reference number GL46283.