05 Jan 2021
£11.00 per hour
Senior Carer Assistant Needed In Taunton
Ref No. FT45196
We are currently looking for qualified and talented senior care staff for our client's spectacular Nursing Home specialising in old age care.
The have a rare vacancy for a permanent senior carer.
This is a great opportunity for senior carers looking to work in a fun and supportive environment in a 47 bedded Residential Care Home specialising in elderly care and their most recent CQC report is "GOOD" in all areas.
This position is to ensure that a stimulating environment is provided for the residents and enable them to live interesting and fulfilling lives.
As a senior carer you will be responsible for medication, auditing care plans and mentoring younger members of staff.
The role pays £11.00 per hour (DOE and qualifications) and they can be flexible with the number of days you would be looking to work. Shifts would be 8am - 8pm with some flexibility working a 36/48 hours per week contract.
If you are passionate about providing high quality person centred care and wish to work in an attractive and well equipped environment, we would love to hear from you.
Senior Carer Responsibilities:
* To support care management team in the delivery of care and management of junior staff.
* Act as a role model to and supervise and train junior members of the team.
* To share knowledge with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
* To liaise with and accept delegated responsibility from the Head of Department in the delivery and monitoring of care.
* To help in the care of the residents physical environment and in the general day to day activities of the home.
Required knowledge & experience:
* Familiar with updating and editing care plans
* 2 years previous experience in a senior role with similar background - elderly care experience is preferred
* NVQLevel 3 in Health & Social Care is essential
* Medication trained with certificate
For more information please submit your CV and call Fred on 0118 309 4222 quoting the reference number