30 Jun 2020
£11.00 per hour
Reference: JA43306 -
We are currently recruiting a Senior Support Worker to provide personalised care and support to a diverse range of customers in the Ringwood area.
The service: Mental Health facility for Older Men and Women who are liable to be detained under the Mental Health Act and providing specialist assessment, care, support, and treatment delivered by skilled staff from capable multidisciplinary care teams (MDTs). Our patients require and benefit from care delivered in a structured and controlled therapeutic environment within our Locked Unit Service based on the individual's need for conditions of safety as well as upholding the principles of the least restrictive setting available.
You will work flexibly to ensure individual needs are met while maximising independence, choice, dignity, privacy and well-being. We are committed to providing personalised services to our clients. The ideal candidate to be considered for the Senior Support Worker role will be a compassionate individual with passion and be enthusiastic about helping others. Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities or complex needs is desirable and experience of creating support plans and creating risk assessments would be beneficial although full training would be given.
The type of care a Support Worker will provide will vary from person to person but will include the following:
* Personal Care (provide a shower, bath, changing pads etc.)
* Care duties which include providing personal care, assisting customers with daily living skills, engaging customers with meaningful activities, and liaising with a number of care professionals to facilitate a targeted care and support service.
* Practical Support such as laundry, cleaning, preparing and cooking meals
The company will be happy to develop people who:
* Have a passion about helping people maintain independence
* Have a can do, positive attitude
* Have the compassion, dedication and willingness to go the extra mile
* Have excellent communications skills and possess the ability to build r relationships with those we support and those around them
* Enjoys a challenge and are flexible in their approach to work
* Can display empathy, understanding, comfort and reassurance to all those we support.
* Previous Experience working within a Nursing/Residential Home
* NVQ 3/4 in Health and Social Care
* Passion for delivering high levels of care
* Good numeric and literacy skills
* A warm and friendly disposition
* Caring attitude
* Be organised and have strong communication skills and be able to put others at ease
* A strong team worker
* Supportive and patient
* Reliable and punctual
* Willingness to develop new skills
£11.00 Full time
42 Hours a week
PLease apply with your MOST up to date CV.