17 Jul 2015
£7.50 per hour
Support Workers Needed
We are currently looking for support workers to deliver high quality care for adults with learning disabilities and complex needs. The company achieves this through the provision of full time residential care, supported accommodation, day service activities and community support. There main site is just outside Tunbridge Wells and also have additional accommodation and support services located in communities throughout Kent, East Sussex and South London.
Main Purpose of the role:
In association with others; to implement the Aims and Objectives of the Organisation.
To work with the management of the organisation to meet and maintain the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety as set out by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
To work under the supervision of your line manager to enable the implementation of care plans for individual service users.
To act as a positive role model for service users enabling each to reach their potential, pursue a fulfilled and chosen lifestyles based on principles of normalisation and informed choice.
To act as a key worker for selected service users and where necessary fulfil the role of advocate for service users.
To offer support to residents; enabling them to maintain appropriate physical standards in residential accommodation.
• Have a good understanding of the needs of people with learning disabilities.
• Professional caring attitude.
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as being a team player.
• Caring and sensitive towards the need of others.
• To be methodical and organised.
• To be a good communicator.
• To be able to write and maintain good comprehensive records.
• To have knowledge and/or understanding in the use of any aids as required by the user in their independent living.
• Good IT Skills.