07 Jan 2019
£9.22 per hour
Senior Care Assistant position, Melksham
Are you an experienced care team leader who takes pride in delivering the highest standards of care to older people? If so, then join our clients growing team and put your career in the best hands.
They have currently got a vacancy for a Senior Care Assistant at one of their superb Care Homes based in Melksham.
About the Senior Care Assistant role:
* £9.22 per hour
* Full-time (36 to 48 hours)
* Days with occasional nights
* Alternate weekends
Senior Care Assistant Key Responsibilities:
* Provide leadership and support for care staff and act as a champion for residents' safety and dignity.
* To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available.
* Ensure the ongoing safety of residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
* Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used.
* Act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice.
Senior Care Assistant Skills & Experience:
* Experience of working with older people
* Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans
* Experience of leading a shift
* Good organisational skills
* Good supervisory skills
* Good communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improvement service delivery and outcomes for residents
* Ability to plan allocate and delegate work appropriately
* Ability to be flexible with regard to working hours
* Builds effective and credible relationships both internally and externally
* Works collaboratively with others sharing ideas and information at all times
* Effectively builds trust with a consistent approach between actions and words
* Has the ability to raise standards through innovation and new ideas
* Will take responsibility for issues and resolve them.
* Able to cope in difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
* Ability to build rapport and positively influence others
* Ability to inspire professionalism
Senior Care Assistant Qualifications:
1 NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care is essential
2 Medication training and knowledge is essential
3 Experience within a leadership role
Remedicare Staffing - 0118 309 4222