19 Nov 2018
£9.80 - £10.80 per hour
Senior Care Assistant
We are currently recruiting for a client's spectacular residential home in Fleet, and require Senior Care Assistants for a permanent Full Time role.
* Senior Care Assistant
* £9.80 weekday, £10.80 weekend
* Days and nights available
* Alternate weekends
Senior Care Assistant Job Description:
* Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
* Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying resident's rooms (with the resident's permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
* Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an appealing way, with polite and courteous service.
* To be understanding with residents who need assistance with feeding and provide the appropriate level of support and help.
* To be an active and encouraging member of the Care team, contribute to team meetings, ensuring good communication and participate in the induction and training of newly appointed care assistants, ensuring that the Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
* The role will involve delivering excellent standards of care in order to positively enhance the lives of individuals in your care
* You will be required to comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines.
* You will be working on a rota, meaning you would have to work alternate weekends
The successful Senior Care Assistant will have:
* Experience of working in a caring environment
* Experience within a leadership role (care)
* NVQ level 3 in Health and Social care (minimum)
* Knowledge of medication and it's distribution (medication trained)
* Good numeric and literacy skills
* A warm and friendly disposition
* Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
* A strong team worker
* Supervisory/leadership skills
* Supportive and patient
* Reliable and punctual
* Willingness to develop new skills (to NVQ 3)
* Minimum of 3 years' expeirence
Remedicare Staffing - 0118 309 4222