09 Oct 2020
£9.75 per hour
We are currently looking for a senior care assistant to join our experienced team in a beautiful home located in Wolverhampton. The Senior carer would need to be experience in medication and leading a small team.
This home is privately owned, specialises in elderly residential care and is registered for 25 residents. The home has a great reputation within the local area and is known for their high standards of care.
The key responsibilities of our Senior Care Assistants include:
* Provide person centred care and personal care to residents in all aspects of their daily living.
* Responsible for the ordering, administration and auditing of prescribed medication to residents.
* Supporting residents at meal times, in accordance with their individual needs.
* Ensure all areas are kept tidy, pleasant and comfortable, including Bedrooms and Communal Areas.
* Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and undertaking all reasonable work instructions promptly.
* Providing support to colleagues, through leadership by example, mentoring and coaching, acting as a positive role model, enabling the care team to deliver high standards.
* Actively participating in the person centred care planning process, by implementing, continuously developing, evaluating and reviewing plans through routine assessment or the changing needs of individual residents. Communication of changes to the wider team and management.
* NVQL3 in Health and Social Care
* Medication trained
* You're a caring person with a can-do attitude.
* You already have experience supporting older people, ideally including those with dementia.
* You've got the confidence to lead a care team and act as champion for the safety and dignity of residents.
* You have a good understanding of care planning with a Level 3 vocational qualification in Health and Social Care (either a diploma or NVQ).
If you think you have the right skills for this role in Wolverhampton then please apply with your most up to date CV.
Job Reference: JA89648
Full time Hours