11 Feb 2016
£14.00 per annum
Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Hourly rate - £14 per hour.
Are you Nurse who wants to provide care which you would feel happy for a loved one to received? Our client has a rare opportunity for an exceptional Nurse to join our small friendly team based in New Market near Cambridge.
• An RGN is part of the team delivering the highest standards of compassionate, person-centred care to residents of our client.
• As the "third in charge" to support the Deputy Matron and Manager in all aspects of the Home's management, including taking complete charge at times when these persons are not on duty.
• To support and develop less experienced members of the care staff in all aspects of their work in the Home. To participate in and undertake staff supervision and appraisals and regular meetings. Senior RGN will have a group of staff to supervise and appraise as per the homes procedures
• Taking lead in area of clinical practice The RGN will be expect to ensure policies are up to date, audits are conducted where required, identify training requirements and update team on new developments
You will be expected to flexibly across the week – days only
As a nurse you will be required to have the following
• Registration with the NMC
• be eligible to work in the UK
• Clinical skills – nutritional care, pressure area care, infection control, continence care, medicines management and wound care
• Car driver essential due to location
Desirable for this role
• Experience in palliative care and dementia care would be an advantage
• Health care assessments and care planning
• Knowledge of DOL's
• Leadership and shift management skills
• Full induction in a supportive environment
• Career development opportunities
• Weekend and bank holiday enhancements
• 5.6 weeks annual leave
Our client is a independent luxury care home. We are an independent family owned business with a friendly and relaxed working environment. We are fully CQC compliant.